We may earn a small commission from, or have received products, from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are our own and were not influenced
This week, we’ve partnered with Toys ‘R’ Us to help raise awareness for the fundraising and awareness campaign Play With Purpose!
Play With Purpose is a partnership with Save the Children which is a well-known, nonprofit organization committed to ensuring all U.S. children have a healthy start, protection from harm and the opportunity to become educated.
The Play With Purpose campaign is to help support Save the Children’s early childhood development programs – Early Steps to School Success, Literacy/Healthy Choices and the SummerBoost Initiative – which help children in some of America’s most underprivileged areas thrive.
15.5 Million U.S. Children Live in Poverty; Many Lack Playtime in Their Daily Lives
10 Minutes of Play Improves Children’s Performance
Play Enhances the Progress of Early Development by 34%
How We’re Helping
We understand, as parents, how important playtime is to childhood development, so we were more than thrilled to help spread the word about this awesome campaign!
Together, Toys“R”Us and Save the Children are making it their mission to provide some of the 15.5 million youth living in impoverished regions of the country with opportunities and resources to integrate purposeful play into their everyday lives. Did you know that something as simple as purposeful playtime is proven critical in children’s emotional, physical and cognitive development and future growth.
Statistics serving as the foundation of this campaign include:
- Play builds the foundation for a lifetime of learning
- Pretend play with a child from 8 to 17 months old is linked to higher intellect at age 5
- Young children benefit from interaction, babbling, facial expressions and gestures, the absence of which from adults can lead to disparities in learning and behavior
- In one study, children ages 1 ½ to 2 ½ who were provided sets of plastic building bricks had significantly higher language scores six months later
- Even 10 minutes of play can improve a child’s performance, may encourage thinking and successfully controls behavior
- Children with access to a variety of toys reach higher levels of intellectual achievement
How You Can Help
Help us raise awareness by sharing with your friends and family the Play With Purpose partnership. Use the #PlayWithPurpose hashtag and include the @Toysrus handle. Try RTing this tweet!
— Dusty Pendleton (@AsMomSeesIt) February 20, 2016
Share this video with family and friends:
Visit Toys ‘R’ Us to learn more about the program and make a donation. Donations will support Save the Children’s early childhood development programs, which help children in some of America’s most underprivileged areas thrive.