We may earn a small commission from, or have received products, from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are our own and were not influenced
If you’ve have not been impatiently waiting for the day that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is released on Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital, then I’m not sure what your purpose is in life. Even if your anticipation is due solely to the adorable face of Baby Groot himself.
Marvel comics and films are something on which that my whole family can connect and with a 17-year-old and a 7-year-old, that doesn’t happen very often. The Guardians of the Galaxy franchise is especially applicable because of the humor, the endearing and relatable characters, the MUSIC and, to be honest, Baby Groot. Even the Gag Reels from the films are worth watching on repeat.
Marvel does an amazing job when it comes to exploring new genres and the very definition of a superhero. If you were intimidated about going to see the film in theaters because all of your friends had seen the first one and you hadn’t, now you can enjoy all the laughs and the feels from the comfort of your own home. AND, you won’t even have had to see the first GotG to enjoy Vol. 2!
The Exclusive ‘Extras’ Club
When you buy a copy of Guardians of the Galaxy on Blu-Ray/DVD, you’ll get automatic membership into an exclusive Extras club. Okay, not really, but you do get access to a ton of extras not found anywhere else.
- The Making of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” – A four-part, behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, done in the style of classic-rock album liner notes.
- Visionary Intro – Director James Gunn provides context on how he continues and expands the storylines of these beloved characters in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.”
- Guardians Inferno Music Video – Join David Hasselhoff and special guests for a galactic retro dance party.
- Gag Reel – Laugh out loud at all the hilarious off-script shenanigans and bloopers that took place on the set of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” featuring all your favorite Guardians.
- Four Deleted Scenes – Check out four specific scenes that had to be cut from the film, including two extended scenes and two deleted scenes.
- Audio Commentary – Check out a special narration of the film by director James Gunn, who guides fans through an inside look at the making of the movie.
All the features listed above plus four extra exclusives:
- Three Scene Breakdowns (Digital Exclusives) – We’ll reveal the anatomy of a few key scenes from the film. Discover the process in bringing these scenes to life. It starts with a doodle and the rest is film history. Audiences will be given the option to view 5-6 layers of specific scenes in the film. Scenes include “Eclector Escape,” “Gamora and Nebula,” and “Rocket and Ravagers.”
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! (Digital Exclusive) – Get an exclusive sneak peek inside the most anticipated ride at Disneyland, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout!. We’ll dig into the concepts and inspiration, and talk about what it took to bring the most epic ride at Disneyland to life.
Order both Guardians of the Galaxy movies today!
We graciously received a Blu-Ray copy of the film to facilitate our review. All opinions are my own and were not influenced.